Monday, July 20, 2020

David Michael Tardy


 David Michael Tardy
34367946_10155759766547705_7108380327550


David Michael Tardy, am honors graduate and past instructor at the world renowned audio school, The Institute of Audio Research, is part Lakota Sioux Native American, is a self taught composer/musician and described by many as "clairaudient" and described as "prolific" by music industry professionals.
 David's interest in sound began at 8 years old, when he used to walk around the house with a portable record player, listening to the sounds of humpback whales for hours. "My love for film music started at a very early age and I began hearing finished compositions in my head. I had no idea how I was going to produce what I was hearing, until I was in the 8th grade, when three musicians came to my school and gave a concert. The musicians had three keyboards and played the theme from 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY and it sounded like a full orchestra. It was at that moment I realized how I could produce the music." David's parents bought an old baby grand piano for their house and he found himself playing on it every moment he could. His parents took notice that he was teaching himself the piano simply by ear, so they enrolled David in violin lessons as well and even there David's instructors noticed that he was learning the violin pieces by ear, as he would play the school recitals, not looking down at the sheet music, while everyone else was. "Yes, I do not read or write music and it is a completely foreign language to me. When I compose music, it is my intention to connect to the heart of the listener, as this is where my compositions come from. Ironically it was my family who encouraged me to pursue music, when I was ready and accepted into the University of San Diego, to study Marine Biology. I never thought I was good enough, to pursue music as a professional career."  Follow David Tardy